Reports To: Teller Supervisor
Job Description: Assist members including daily transactions, opening new accounts and perform back-office administrative duties, contributing to the overall credit union goals.
Job Type: Full-time
In addition to possessing competencies in this job description, we require employees to pass a credit check, background check and are bondable.
Locations & Hours:
- Philadelphia, PA, Center City - Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:45 AM - 5:15 PM
- Lansdale, PA - Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:45 AM - 5:15 PM
Purpose: Provide information on the credit union’s products and services to members and potential members and assist with back-office member support functions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Non-management employees: You are responsible for adhering to the service standards currently in place at Viriva. You are responsible for meeting all sales volume requirements, cross-selling requirements, and referrals to other areas of the credit union as described to you throughout your employment at Viriva, without compromising the quality of service provided to our members. You are required to participate in sales training programs and utilize skills learned to meet the above-mentioned requirements.
- Perform routine member transactions, including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, account balance/loan payoff inquiries, transfers, money orders, wire/Western Union transfers, and gift card purchases presented in person, via telephone or mail.
- Provide members with the forms necessary to transact both loan and share business at the institution. Examine checks for endorsements and negotiability and provide members with proper receipts for payments, upon request. Examine checks and cash for validity, thwarting counterfeit and fraudulent currency.
- Respond to members’ requests, problems and complaints, and/or direct them to the proper person for specific information and assistance. Utilize problem-solving skills to research member transactions, referring them to the appropriate party if necessary.
- Assist members in opening new savings, checking, club and/or certificate accounts. Provide members with appropriate product and service solutions to meet their individual expectations and needs.
Process stop payments on share draft accounts and member withdrawal checks.
Process member mail transactions and mail vouchers/receipts to members, as requested.
Balance and close out all cash and check receipts daily.
Report malfunctions of teller terminals and other equipment utilized to Head Teller immediately.
Travel to other Viriva CCU branches when needed.
Perform other duties as requested by management.
Assist in related functions and duties as requested.