You Have Convenience at Your Fingertips
Use your card to make at least one transaction once every six months and there are NO FEES simply just for having one!1
- Get instant access to your cash!
- Make unlimited purchases at millions of retail locations using credit and the funds are drawn directly from your Viriva account.
- Withdrawal funds surcharge-free at any CU$ Network ATMs or choose Cash Back through PIN-based transactions at select retailers.
- Receive up to 12 free PIN-based transactions per month.2
- Turn on real-time transaction alerts with Manage My Cards services.
- Opt-in to Overdraft Privilege (for cards tied to Checking Accounts only).
Mastercard® Zero Liability Policy3
Viriva and Mastercard want you to feel safe when using your Mastercard Debit Card. You are only responsible for purchases that you authorized, and you will not be held accountable for unauthorized transactions if:
- You have used reasonable care in protecting your card from loss or theft.
- You have promptly reported to Viriva when you knew that your Mastercard Debit Card was lost or stolen.
If you believe there has been unauthorized use of your account and you meet the conditions above, rest easy knowing you have the protection of Mastercard’s zero liability promise.
When to Choose Credit vs. Debit Transactions
When making a purchase at a retailer, you may be presented with the option to process your purchase as Credit or Debit. While both options will result in funds coming out of your Viriva account, here's why you should save your Debits and choose Credit when possible.
► Save Your Debits
Since you're limited to the number of Debit transactions allowed per month before being charged a fee, save the Debit option for ATM withdrawals and performing cashback transactions. There's no limit to the number of Credit transactions you can perform.
Choosing Credit provides a faster checkout - there's not an extra step to enter your PIN and there's less risk of exposing your PIN in public spaces. If you're making a large purchase, the Credit option provides a higher daily purchase limit. You can also call us to temporarily raise your limit above the normal limit in advance of making a large purchase.
► At the Time of Purchase
Every merchant is different! When you're at a retailer, and you do see an option for Credit, ask "How do I select Credit?"
Viriva performs daily system maintenance, traditionally between the hours of 11:30 PM EST- 12:30 AM EST, at which time Mastercard Debit Cards are placed offline, thereby limiting the amount you can withdraw at ATMs and the dollar amount of purchases during the maintenance time frame.
1. Your card must be used at least once every 6 months to avoid an inactivity fee.
2. The ATM must be a part of the Jeanie or CU$ network to avoid surcharge fees (Please note: Not all ATMs in the Mastercard Jeanie network are surcharge-free). The first 12 transactions per month are free for members who have full-pay direct deposit or were previously designated as a Pioneer Club member; otherwise, the first 8 transactions per month are free for all other Mastercard Debit Cardholders. PIN-based transactions made in excess of the 12 and 8 free transactions allowed per month will be charged a $1.00 fee per transaction.
3. Conditions and exceptions apply. Contact us for details.